Tuesday 6 July 2010

The Collector

It’s been a while since I’ve seen a Horror film, and I had heard some good things about The Collector. Written by the pair behind the later Saw films, this sounded like it could be good.

Directed by Marcus Dunstan and starring Josh Stewart in the lead followed by a cast of TV stars, including Madeline Zima, Daniela Alonso and Andrea Roth. The film opens well, sets the scene for what’s to come and delivers really well. This is a gory film in the end, and fans of Saw should feel right at home with the blood and guts. Some of the traps built from everyday household objects are a little OTT but this is the movies!

However my favourite part was the cat and mouse scenes when Stewart’s character is trying to avoid the collector as he tries to escape. Once the cat knows the mouse is in the house all hell breaks loose, the gore starts the bodies mount up and we are in typical horror film territory for the final act.

The script and story are mostly redundant from the time Stewart’s character arrives at the house, the music was ok, but I can’t remember too much off it.

Overall I did like this film, it’s a clichéd horror movie, but it’s rare to find a horror movie which isn’t. The acting was pretty good and I liked most of the traps. The gore was a little excessive but nothing I’ve not seen before.

(8/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment