Tuesday 6 July 2010

Wild Target

To say I was a little disappointed is true I was expecting a lot more, then again maybe I should have known it would be a subtle British comedy with a little slap stick comedy and set my sights on that. However I do like Emily Blunt and did wonder how Rupert Grint would fair outside Hogwarts, so it was always worth seeing.

Directed by Jonathan Lynn and starring the two mentioned along with Bill Nighy, Rupert Everett, Eileen Atkins and Martin Freeman. The cast are all ok and they all performed the comedy well, it’s just it was just a little too subtle at times, which I found funnier than the slap stick comedy. So I felt I was laughing out of turn with the small audience in the cinema. In the end I just laughed to myself!!!!

Emily Blunt was good along with Nighy, I did like his character. Grint faired well outside of Hogwarts, he should be ok when that ends next year. Freeman was ok as the cocky hitman
I do think the writing was aimed at Nighy and he got the better lines through out the film.

In all it was well directed, acted, can’t remember the soundtrack so that must have been rubbish! The plot was ok, nothing outstanding, so overall 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment