Friday 16 July 2010

Get him to the Greek

Not being a massive Russell Brand fan, I was not going to let that put me off. I did like his turn in his first role as Aldous Snow in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but then again the film wasn't about him. Here we have 1 hour 30 minutes of Brand, but I went in with an open mind.

Directed by Nicholas Stoller (Yes Man) and starring Brand(Sarah Marshall), Jonah Hill (Sarah Marshall - as somebody else) and Rose Byrne(Knowing),

Most of the time it was good, the rest of the time is was below average. Brand and Hill were good but both seemed stifled by an average script. Some of the slap stick comedy was funny, but nothing in the film had me in fits of laughter, a few giggles here and there.
But like most of these comedies the sentiment over took the comedy and the plot as the film neared it's final scenes. If I had laughed more or even liked the characters more the sentiment might have worked, but it ended up being just another "above average film", which is a shame because it had so much potential.

Overall a few funny moments, but the script was a letdown in the end (6/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment