Tuesday 6 July 2010

FrightFest 2010 - The Films

Well last Friday, the 2nd of July was a date in many a Frightfesters diary, reminders would have been set for just before 2 that afternoon. All waiting and wondering what crazy gore filled films they would be seeing at the end of August.

2pm came and I was ready on the films page of frighfest, and 2 minutes early it appeared, 24 films and 2 documentaries in the main screen along with 10 films in the discovery screen.

For this years films I’ve decided to avoid trailers, write ups and reviews and as you will see there are a lot of films I will be seeing cold………

So here we go!

Thursday
Hatchet 2 Adam Greens sequel opens the festival. I liked the first one, a homage to slasher movies, on a low budget, it was clichéd but it never took it’s self too seriously.
Primal I know nothing about this film.
Dead Cert I did see the trailer for this abut 2 weeks ago while looking through the horror web sites. It looks ok, vampires in the East End!

Friday
Eggshells As this is Tobe Hooper Day! We are being shown one of his early films, rarely seen on screen, sounds like something to say yes I’ve seen that! As for the film again I don’t know much.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre Who hasn’t heard of this film, many consider this film one of the greatest horror movies ever. I’m not sure however it’s been a really long time since I’ve seen it. Maybe on the big screen plus the frightfest crowd it could be a whole new experience.
Tobe Hooper – Q&A

Isle of Dogs May have seen a teaser for this, looked a little brutal and I think it’s British but could be wrong.
F Unknown!
Red Hill Another Unknown!
Alien Vs Ninja Unknown, except it will be a gore fest!

Saturday

Cherry Tree Lane Nope nothing on this.
The Tortured I have noticed the DVD on play but it’s not out till September so hadn’t paid it too much attention.
13 Hours And another one I know nothing about.
I Spit on your Grave Infamous video nasty, remade!
Monsters Now I do know about this one and it sounds brilliant.
Dream Home Nothing but from the timing I could guess it’s not western!

Sunday
The Pack I could assume a werewolf film.
Andy Nyman (actor) quiz and shorts
I think I will be nipping into the Discovery screen round about this time to see Outcast.
We are what we are And I have no idea what they could be!
Kaboom Nothing, I couldn’t even hazard a guess!
A Serbian Film Now I’ve had to look this up, as this is the talk of the festival. It sounds grim, sick and something a horror fan should see and maybe never see again.
The Loved Ones You would be hoping for a comedy right about now! Well Horror-Comedy! No idea!

Monday
Video Nasties Documentary and Q & A And off to the Discovery screen to see Amer!
The Dead And a zombie flick, at a guess.
Bedevilled I know nothing!
Red White and Blue And I have no Idea.
The Last Exorcism All I know is I could throw up! And not because of the 25 films before but because it’s hand held and I hate it!

So as you can see I know nothing about nearly all of this years films and I think I’ll keep it that way………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment