Wednesday 7 July 2010

Primer (DVD)

One of the lads in the office kept on at me to watch this claiming I would struggle to understand it. And he was right, not a clue what was going on at the end!

First of the film is very low budget, but that seemed to give it all it’s charm. I also think it’s a mood film; you have to want to watch it and need to pay attention. I reckon I missed some clues along the way, either in the dialogue or visually.

As I said if you are not in the right frame of mind, I reckon it just wouldn’t have the same impact or you would be just bored of it.

Well I was in the right mind set, I watched trying to pick up clues, but as the film went on, I just lost the plot! But this didn’t deter from the fact that I still enjoyed it.

I will need to watch it again; I know I do maybe even a 3rd or 4th time as I’m not sure I will even get it on the next viewing.

I’m not going into the film – just watch it!

Directed, written, produced and starring Shane Carruth, he does a really good job in all departments, the main other cast member is David Sullivan, again I thought he was very good as well.

Overall (8/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment