Tuesday 14 September 2010

After.Life

Film 22 - (Monday)

A young woman caught between life and death... and a funeral director who appears to have the gift of transitioning the dead, but might just be intent on burying her alive.

Cast: Christina Ricci - Anna Taylor, Liam Neeson - Eliot Deacon and Justin Long - Paul Coleman

Written by Agnieszka Wojtowicz-Vosloo

Soundtrack by Paul Haslinger

Directed by Agnieszka Wojtowicz-Vosloo

What I liked? Ricci, Neeson, the concept.

What I didn't like? Not much really.

Summary: Possibly the most Hollywood movie I saw all weekend. Pity its gone straight to DVD, because it’s actually quite a good little film. It does not concern it’s self with flashy over the top visuals and the tight direction holds the film together really well.

It is was another surprise, although it’s not the greatest film, it does have a lot going for it as well. The acting is pretty good along with a clever script, this is the best film I’ve seen Neeson in since Taken. Ricci is superb, and Long in a way reprises his Drag Me To Hell role. But Ricci steals the show, and not for the obvious, but her acting is top notch here, and I believed in her character all the way through the film.


It’s an, is she or isn’t she film, and you are kept guessing till the end, while beyond the end because it’s never made clear, I wanted to believe she was alive but in the end wasn’t 100% sure. Maybe on another viewing I may see something to give it away!


Overall like I said it’s not the worst film, but it’s not WOW either! (7/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment