Sunday 12 September 2010

Red Hill

Film 8 - (Friday)

A young police office moves into a country town and joins the local force, however his first day on the job is a little tougher than he expected it would be!

Cast: Ryan Kwanten - Shane Cooper, Steve Bisley - Old Bill and Tommy Lewis - Jimmy Conway and Claire van der Boom - Alice Cooper.

Written by Patrick Hughes

Soundtrack by Dmitri Golovko

Directed by Patrick Hughes

What I liked? Nearly everything!

What I didn't like? The CGI panther!

Summary: Not really a horror, just a violent crime thriller with a great story, superb script and well acted. The only letdown was the CGI black panther, which really could have been dropped from the story anyway. But it wasn't!

Ryan Kwanten is excellent in this film, helped by a strong script and backed up by a great cast. The story was intelligent, nothing new, just well executed, with some little twists to keep you guessing the outcome. The end was obvious but that didn't bother me, this time, because I enjoyed the journey so much.

I just couldn't get my head around the panther!

Overall - the best film of day 2 by a mile! (9/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment