Monday 13 September 2010

Cherry Tree Lane

Film 10 - (Saturday)

A couple is terrorized by a gang, hunting their son for revenge.

Cast: Rachael Blake - Christine, Tom Kane - Sebastian, Tom Butcher - Mike.

Written by Paul Andrew Williams

Directed by Paul Andrew Williams

What I liked? Not a great deal.

What I didn't like? The fact nothing real happened. The Concept.

Summary: Not a great effort really, not much tension, the script was poor, I had no feeling for any of the victims. They seemed bland, no connection with the son was made, till part way through the story, when the intent was laid on the table. It wasn't it was slow, and the fact the husband was tied and gagged for 80% of the film, the whole thing just felt weak hearted and had no real substance.

If I had seen the family dynamic first, got to know the son, how much his mother and father loved him, then maybe I could have felt something for this family while they were held hostage. I'm not saying this would have worked, but having to guess at this relationship put me in no mans land. But at least it might have been a little more tense!

The acting was ok, but it was the concept and the script which held it back!

Overall not much really, poor Brit flick (3/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment