Wednesday 22 September 2010

Robin Hood - Directors Cut (BD)

The Blu Ray arrived on Monday, and got watched Monday night.

I think if it had been the original cut I don't think I'd have watched it so soon. But I was curious to find out if this new cut improved it any. I suppose it did in a way, there was one scene which makes a big difference, but I can't remember if it was in the original or not (I must check it out).

I do like this film, even though most of the people I've talked to find it boring, and don't really like it all. I don't think it's amazing, but it's good solid entertainment, and the extra bits do add some more to the story. I do admit the story isn't great, it does the job though, I also feel the final battle is rather lacklustre, never seems to get going, never builds any real excitement, it just does enough. However doing just enough is better than most battles I've seen in other films.
Crowe looks the part for me, though he does seem to be playing the part a little half hearted, maybe this is why the rest of the film just plods along!

But I was able to notice the Soundtrack more this time, and I think it is excellent, but I am struggling to get it from Nokia Music. I might have to buy this one!

The video on the blu ray is superb most of the time, I did notice some scenes where the quality wasn't brilliant, the worst one is when Robin returns to the camp at the end of the film. But bar these slight errors the picture was great. The audio track even on my little amp sounded amazing, the battle scenes stood out, and so they should.

I haven't ventured into the BD disc yet, but I do fancy watching the extras though.

Sarah watched it and enjoyed it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment