Sunday 12 September 2010

Alien Vs Ninja

Film 9 - (Friday)

Well the title gives it away, a group of Ninjas battle a group of Aliens. Nothing more to it, except all you need to know it's from Japan.

Cast: Mika Hijii , Ben Hiura

Written by Seiji Chiba

Directed by Seiji Chiba

What I liked? The complete stupidity of it all, how much fun it was. The alien suit!

What I didn't like? The blond haired ninja!

Summary: These films always remind me of Monkey, stupid, silly, but so much fun. They never take themselves seriously, well they can't when they have a bloke dressed in an alien suit. It looked so rubbish, it actually made the film better! Then again the little rubber aliens were even funnier! I couldn't tell you if the acting was any good, the story zipped along so fast, with each showdown getting bigger and better than the last one. We didn't have much time for any character development!

However it wasn't all good, the blond haired ninja really got on my nerves, we could have done without his comic relief, because it really didn't need him. There was plenty to laugh at, maybe not what the director wanted you to laugh at but it was just so crazy you had to laugh!

I have no doubt if I watched this film on my own it would be rubbish, but late on day 2 the comic relief was long overdue and it went down a storm!

Overall, Insane, silly but so funny! (7/10)


No comments:

Post a Comment