Thursday 16 September 2010

The Girl who played with fire

As computer hacker Lisbeth and journalist Mikael investigate a sex-trafficking ring, Lisbeth is accused of three murders, causing her to go on the run while Mikael works to clear her name.

Cast : Michael Nygvist - Mikael Blomkvist, Noomi Rapace - Lisbeth Salander.

Written by Jonas Frykberg

Soundtrack by Jacob Groth

Directed by Daniel Alfredson

What I liked? Noomi Rapace.

What I didn't like? The story.

Summary: Part 2 of the Millennium Trilogy, and for me somewhat of a letdown. Having really liked part 1, I was really looking forward to this. A full returning cast, and a great platform to build from, how could this go wrong?

Well it did! It went wrong in the story, it just wasn’t that interesting, it was drawn out and had nothing to offer me. I’ve seen the first one 3 times within the space of a year, and for a whodunit thriller that’s not bad going and every time I enjoyed it as much as the last.


Here the story changes to Lisbeth, again played extremely well by Noomi Rapace, but it’s nearly all about Lisbeth, her back story, and her past catching up with her. But for me it just wasn’t a good story to tell, and so I lost interest 30 minutes in and never recovered. It had started well, with the magazine trying to name and shame various individuals involved in a sex-trafficking ring.
I think this might have worked better, but this story seemed to fall into the background, it does have a connection to Lisbeth, but I’d given up on it by then.

The third one is out within the next month, hopefully this is an improvement on this one.

Overall, nothing to write home about, by the numbers thriller with a weak story (4/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment