Sunday 12 September 2010

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original)

Film 5 - (Friday)

Not one of my favourite horror films, don't know what it is about it, just doesn't really do anything for me. I actually prefer the remake, not by much though.

We all know the story, group of kids end up at the mercy of a pyscho with a chainsaw!

Cast: Marilyn Burns - Sally Hardesty, Allen Danziger - Jerry, Paul A Partain - Franklin Hardesty, William Vail - Kirk and Teri McMinn - Pam with Gunnar Hansen as Leatherface

Written by Kim Henkel and Tobe Hooper

Soundtrack by Wayne Bell and Tobe Hooper

Directed by Tobe Hooper

What I liked? I couldn't tell you!

What I didn't like? I don't know!

Summary: I want to like it, but I'm not sure if I'm a product of the 80's and didn't see TCM till I was into my 20's, maybe that was the problem. Maybe I was just too ready for it. It was a horror film which never really grabbed my attention. Plus I can't actually remember it in the video store, which may be why it was a while before I saw it.

I don't hate it, and for it's time yes I can see the effect it would have, but I got nothing from it even seeing it on the big screen, fair enough it was cool to see it, but if I'm honest I'm more excited about seeing Back to the future on the big screen in October!

So I don't really have an opinion on this film, I'm stuck in the middle, I don't dislike it, but then again I don't really like it.

Overall (5/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment