Tuesday 14 September 2010

Buried

Film 19 - (Sunday)

A truck driver for a large company in Iraq, wakes up in a coffin, he has a mobile phone, a lighter and a glow sticks and 90 minutes of air!

Cast: Ryan Reynolds - Paul Conroy

Written by Chris Sparling

Soundtrack by Victor Reyes

Directed by Rodrigo Cortes

What I liked? The Concept, Reynolds, the execution!

What I didn't like? Nothing!

Summary:This is what I like about this festival, coming in off the back of a terrible film we have Buried, A Serbian Film’s replacement, and what an outstanding replacement!

Having read up on A Serbian film now, I think I’m glad it got replaced!


Anyway Buried! A film with a simple concept really, 90 minute’s of a man in a coffin, with a mobile phone and some glow sticks! Think it shouldn't’t work, yep I agree.

But Cortes pulls it off, and more than that Reynolds pulls it off. A brilliant piece of acting! Going through a range of emotions he is so believable that he just hauls you into the box with him. If you are claustrophobic I would stay away from this film, and I can understand why people have this fear.

Not only the fear of a small space but also the fear of dying, Reynolds delivers on every emotion, and I never felt anything was overdone, he was brilliant! I have to say the script helped as well, brilliant as well. And finally the end! Can’t spoil it for you, but it’s the end the film like this should have!

A contender for film of the festival!


Overall, Outstanding, simply Outstanding (10/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment