Monday 27 September 2010

Sweeny Todd (BD)

Last night watched the Blu Ray of Sweeny Todd.

I know most of the cast would get laughed off the stage at X-Factor, or even heckled at the local karaoke but for me this film has so much heart it works, and I can get past the poor singing.
Even though Depp does sort of pull it off with his bowie-esq vocals.

But what I like more about this film is just the look of it, from the dirty London aspect to the costumes and the look of the cast. All these look superb on the Blu Ray, and this is a dark film, the blacks look very solid. The scene where the camera pulls back from Todd in his window and we look out over a dark London, looks brilliant.

It's pointless owning this BD if you don't like the musical arrangements and songs in this film. I have listened to some of the original Broadway songs and I much prefer the film versions.

I really enjoyed watching it again - it's been a while. The BD looks and sounds great.

No comments:

Post a Comment